Thursday, July 10, 2008

My new favorite scent

After reading about a crazy-sounding scent Lulu [of Chictopia, but does she even need introduction?] picked up back in May, I was intrigued. I looked into CB I Hate Perfume, and fell in love with the description of a scent called "In the Library":
English Novel taken from a Signed First Edition of one of my very favorite novels, Russian and Moroccan leather bindings, worn cloth and a hint of wood polish.

Christopher Brossius fails to mention the somehow-intoxicating hint of dust that the perfume imparts. It came in a tiny, science project-looking vial sealed in a little foil packet. At first, it smelled like eau de old man. I thought I was back at work. But after it mellowed on my skin for a few minutes, I was in the library. I'm in love.

Next up: Lavender Tea and Violet Empire.

photo: cbihateperfume.com

4 comments:

lulu said...

Yay! I'm so glad you like it. CB is a label that my friend's showroom reps and it is amazing. I have a sample pack and it's hard to pick a favorite. Although I do prefer Russian Caravan.

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

can i smell it ?
lol

it will cost me a lot if i invite you to Paris to smell your new perfume, isn't it !

I noticed that you like street style, so i just wanted to inform you that the Paris fashion week ended last week and i did nice street style photo reportages you might like.
you can appreciate them at www.styleandthecity.com

I hope i didn't disturb you with that information.

I wish you a great evening and lot of happiness with your blog

cheers from Paris

Kamel
STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS

Wendy said...

Sounds quite interesting!

Richel said...

I used to love the smell of old books. I would always try to find the oldest books at the library just so that the smell would permeate my bag on the way home. AHHH, I really want that scent.