Saturday, January 30, 2010

On my birthday, of all days!

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland finally (I've been waiting since July of freaking 2008) comes out on March 5th, which happens to be my 27th birthday (my shoe size is 7)! French department store Printemps put together a window display to celebrate, commissioning a varied handful of designers to participate: Nicholas Kirkwood, Ann Demeulemeester, Alexander McQueen, Bernhard Willhelm, Charles Anastase, Christopher Kane, ChloƩ, Haider Ackermann, Manish Arora, and Maison Martin Margiela. Style.com got the preview; these two were my favorites..

Charles Anastase. How much better would the Disney film have been, had Alice been wearing this instead of the light blue tea dress? And maybe those Rodarte/Nick Kirkwood bolt heels from S/S 2010? Am I getting carried away?


Ann Demeulemeester. I don't love the vest (though it's very Ann), but that silhouette print at the bottom? I die!!

Can't wait!!

photos: style.com

1 comment:

Cinnamon said...

Good birthday gift! I'm very excited for this film as well! It was my favorite movie as a kid, can't wait for the grown up version!!

http://thebusiestbee.blogspot.com/